- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 18 mini peppermint flavored candy canes
(1) Take out butter from the refrigerator and let soften.
(2) Place 18 mini peppermint flavored candy canes into a baggie and smash them into itty bitty pieces. Set aside.
(1) In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
(2) In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
(3) Beat in egg and vanilla into the wet ingredients. Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
(4) Mix crushed candy canes into the batter.
(5) Place 1 tablespoon sized piece of dough on a baking sheet.
(6) Bake for approximately 8 -10 minutes or until golden at 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (At our house, we use a convection oven. Therefore, preheating our oven is not necessary.)
(7) Set aside to cool before removing cookies from the baking sheet.
This recipe was adapted from Allrecipe.com's Easy Sugar Cookies.
This recipe was altered to fit the resources found in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.