- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of flour
- ½ a cup of icing sugar
(1) In a small bowl, stir together dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda and flour.
(2) In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
(3) Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
(4) Roll 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough in icing sugar then transfer onto baking sheet.
(5) Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until golden at 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
(6) Set aside to cool before removing cookies from the baking sheet.
This recipe was adapted from Lauren's Latest.
This recipe was altered to fit the resources found in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.